There seems tobe a problem with the second example. If you sort the table by area and population. The result does not make sense. Is there a way to limit the sorting to the fist number a cells content?--Gollum2 14:35, 7 October 2007 (CEST)
- Yes, sorting would only make sense if you created separate columns for area and population. You easily do that. Gero 21:57, 7 October 2007 (CEST)
- Well, ok.I was just wondering how the sorting mechanism works. If you have more than just a plain number in the cell things seem to get difficult. Especially when those have different amounts of digits. --Gollum2 14:10, 11 October 2007 (CEST)
There is another problem, this time concerning the first table of this page: If you use Safari as a browser and sort the table according to population, the result is wrong. I assume this is due to the little footnote. With Firefox it works fine. Is there anything you could do about it. To get an idea what I am using this for have a look at http://en.wiki-products.org/Fuel_economy . --Gollum2 14:10, 11 October 2007 (CEST)
- I assume that Safari sorts lexically as soon as it sees non-numeric contents in one of the cells of a column. And a footnote seems to be treated as "non-numeric"...
Maybe this should be changed in Safari. Or you simply do not use footnotes in numeric data fields you want to be sorted correctly ;-)
- As you already may suspect all this is not a question of DPL.
- Your way of calculating a bar chart is quite nice. I would appreciate if you could upload a slightly more abstract and stripped-down version to this wiki.
- Gero 09:49, 12 October 2007 (CEST)
- I'd love to do so. But this is probably less about dpl than the things we discussed above. It's more about tables and templates... However, how about placing a link to give another example on how to make use of dpl... If you have a good suggestion on where to place it I would be glad to do so :-) --Gollum2 20:28, 12 October 2007 (CEST)
Sorting problem was resolved in the lates version of Safari :-)--Gollum2 21:09, 16 November 2007 (CET)